This project is a work in progress. The front end is React/Next.js with MaterialUI sitting in front of a Shopify API back end for eCommerce.

Since it is unfinished, the current site is mostly a landing page for “coming soon” but also to collect information for people who are interested in contacting a sister company, Zion Concrete.

Here is a link to visit the site.

A preview into the staging branch can be shown by request.

This application was built using React that combined Google Maps, a WordPress API backend, and long/lat/elevation data from ARCGIS to create a place for people who are looking for recreational opportunities and trails in the Washington County of Utah. You can filter by trail type (hiking, mountain biking, ATV, or horseback), trail length, region, difficulty and more.

Not only did I take part in the programming of the WordPress API and React components, but I also went out on the trails with coworkers to film and take photos of the trails to give users a small glimpse into what they will experience before they go too!

You can view the site by going here.

As my time drew to a close at Flitch Creative, I finished one final project: our own website.

The design was out of this world and packed with creativity from our incredible designer. Futuristic, robotic, glitchy, sharp.

The old site was a mutant half custom PHP, half WordPress that was simply not given enough attention and love. This would be what I consider my first ever React.js website deployed into the wild. We still used WordPress as a major part of our stack, and so we used its API as our CMS for the company’s highlighted work and employee bio/information.

To see what the site looked like at the time of completion, check it out on web archive here!

Southern Utah Home Builders Association needed to migrate from their existing platform, which was unreliable and outdated. Slightly improving the design, I reprogrammed the site to allow for easier maintenance and updates.

Saint George Cookies got a wonderful new design that matches her wonderful cookie creations. Check it out!

This non-profit organization rebranded, with an entirely new name, and I gladly took the programming challenge. This was a long time client that I was excited to give a new website to, and to help transition away from the existing and unfriendly CMS they had to a user-friendly WordPress experience.

This project had many challenges:

  • There were 4500+ articles to migrate
  • There was over 100GB of images and video necessary to migrate
  • File structure, database structure, CMS, everything was custom already
  • Duplicates were everywhere
  • The migration and launch had to occur between school semesters

And many others. After a lot of hard work, I was able to migrate to WordPress for an improved writer and publisher experience as well as for future-proofing by using the WordPress platform.

Simple, clean design. No fluff. A simple gallery for the client to control and upload their latest work! Click here

I was given a complex design for the new Swig website: one that looked easy enough on paper, but programming limits were pushed. I learned some cool stuff with SVG’s and making them continuously responsive in the background, keeping them placed in a way to match each section of the home page as well.

The live website is no longer the one I programmed since the company was acquired and rebranded. Here was the website according to Web Archive


One of my more recent projects, this was a task I looked forward to for a very long time. I managed their previous website, which had become outdated in functionality and design. It was long overdue for a refresh!

Dixie Direct and its sister companies had a few specific needs:

Read More